Sonntag, 4. Dezember 2011

In winter, everybody can be Jesus.

 Last week I strolled through one of Shenyang`s bigger parks, namely the "Olympia Park". It`s down at the Hun River that`s crossing the city in the south.


When I arrived at the river bank what I saw surprised me and made me happy as a child at the same time - as what I saw I`ve seen the last time when I was exactly that, a little child.
A huge river, almost completely frozen. With ice thick enough for carrying a person and a vehicle crossing the river. At the beginning of December.

Had to think way back to remember a winter in Germany where it was possible to completely cross a river on ice.
  And I was sceptical at first. But after having seen the dude on the third picture and the bike on the second one, as well as having remembered temperatures having been below zero the whole week and having hit -10°C exactly that day, I dared to walk on the river for a while, as you can see on the last picture.

You can easily recognize me by wearing bell-bottoms.

VERY uncommon in China...

(Click on pictures to enlarge them)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen